Friday, February 20, 2015

Tuscon, AZ - Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures

After visiting the Boneyard and Pima Air & Space Museum this morning, we had lunch at the Baja Cafe. The food was fine but not particulary noteworthy - their specialty seems to be breakfast, rather than lunch.

After lunch, we made our way to the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures. We enjoyed it well enough but an hour or so of looking at tiny things was enough for me. I admired the craftsmanship but much of the subject matter was not to my taste: fairies, fantastical creatures, etc.

The exhibits I really liked are the 1/12 (and smaller) scale models of old homes, taverns, blacksmith shops, etc.  The attention to detail is extraordinary on some of the pieces. Here are some pics of my favorites:





No comments:

Post a Comment